Here's some high-resolution views of the pain and agony that is Tanner's appendectomy.
Sunday night: He rated his pain level at a 9 here. It might have been a 10 but he kept it down because Jordan in the next bed had an inflamed femur, and isn't that the worst pain? Or was that a broken femur...
This is how he rolls (these days). Tanner on his way to get a CAT scan.
CAT scan: I'm gonna freak if you say my body is going through that little hole.
The pain medicine kicks in.
Monday morning: Tanner checks the I.V. pump just before surgery.
Scored some cool stuff: bubble tape, scented pencil, soccer pillow.
The family came and hung out with Tan for Family Night. He was pleasant and we had some fun though we couldn't make him laugh very much. Obviously still in a bit of pain - coming up on his next round of meds.
Tanner's doing very well. The nurse said his incisions look great tonight. He's made a couple of trips down to the activity room to play air hockey, and can move himself around pretty well. He is hurting but being a real trooper, and was very happy to hear of all the well wishes and those that are praying for him. Thank you all!
6 comments:
Tanner, we hope you are feeling better! We're praying for you. Sorry you had to go through this. We love you,
Uncle Bob and Aunt Heidi
Say 8, Say 8!
Tanner's roomie, Jordan, I agree might have the worst, but I'm no nurse(or doctor). (I'm wearing my new "Yes on 8" shirt with a new hair cut.)I want to play air hockey with Tanner. I'm so excited to see you!
ohhhh, poor guy. glad he's doing well though!
"It feels like my insides want to be on the outside."
I can't believe it took appendicitis to get a new post. Well, whatever it takes. I'm glad to hear Tanner is doing better.
Tanner, did you ask to keep your appendix after the surgery? It would probably sell on ebay. Glad you're feeling better.
Post a Comment